September 2018 Update
This Month in Our Ministry:
- We had 34 golfers sign up for our inaugural golf marathon on September 24. We had good weather (for the most part!), great service at North River Yacht Club, and the golfers had a wonderful time. It was a great opportunity for us to make new connections and spread awareness of all that our ministry has to offer.
- This past month we received the Choose Life Grant thanks to all of you who purchased a Choose Life car tag this year. Of the $50 you pay for the tag in Tuscaloosa County, $41.25 of that goes directly to our center. THANK YOU for supporting our ministry in this way. We hope you’ll consider purchasing a Choose Life tag the next time your renew.
We still have some awesome events and fundraisers coming up that we hope you will consider being a part of! None of the things we do would be possible without the support, donations, and prayers of each of you.
- Wednesday, October 24, 5-10 PM: Jason’s Deli Benefit Night–15% of each purchase will go to our ministry. This is a fun and easy way for your family, friends, and church groups to get involved! We MUST have 20 people RSVP to secure the event, so please let us know through the link below if you plan to attend: https://www.
- Mark your calendar for our Annual Banquet, which will be on Monday, November 5 at Tuscaloosa River Market. This year’s theme is Iron Bowl Tailgate! Meet & Greet and SEC Sports Memorabilia Silent Auction will begin at 5 PM; dinner will be served at 6. RSVP to savalifetuscaloosa@gmail.
- Our Christmas in July event was a huge blessing for our clients, and we are excited to offer a similar Christmas event December 10-14. We are now collecting donations & gathering volunteers for this event. Please email Cara at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on how you can be involved with this awesome event.
- New phone system (our current system is outdated & we have no phones in our Education Center)
- “Dude Food”–we have found that men (and women) are much more likely to attend our parenting classes if food is offered. If you or your church group would like to sponsor a meal, please email Cara at email@example.com.
- Peanut butter crackers & bottled water for women who come for pregnancy test appointments (can be a one-time donation, or can commit to donating once a month)
- Walmart, Target, Amazon, and Office Depot gift cards are always appreciated & great to have on hand for office supplies & baby item purchases.
Baby Item Needs:
- Diapers size 2-6 & Pullups
- Toddler no-slip plates
- Baby monitors
- Children’s books & DVD’s
- Pray that connections with new churches (and old ones!) will bring more volunteers to our center. We have tons of volunteer opportunities, including working with clients, organizing baby items, filing, writing thank you notes, counting change from Baby Bottle Boomerang, and much more!
- Pray daily for the moms and dads who receive our services. Pray for our staff, volunteers, and board who work tirelessly in making sure our clients receive the very best resources.
- Pray for the success of our upcoming fundraisers (Jason’s Deli benefit night & Iron Bowl Banquet). Pray that the necessary funds will be raised so that we can best serve our clients.
How YOU Can Get Involved:
- Become a volunteer
- Participate in Baby Bottle Boomerang (check out the BBB Tab on our website for more info!)
- Have your church fill a Pack ‘N Play with baby items